These COVID-19 office policies are in place to keep me and my clients safe as well as to ensure that my business is able to remain open in the months to come.
Massage Appointment Protocol
- You will receive a wellness questionnaire before your appointment. You need to fill it out and send it back to me before I can treat you.
- Please use your restroom at home before you come to my office.
- Please bring your own water bottle from home if you think you will need to drink water during your appointment. I can no longer legally provide water for my clients.
- You will need to wear a close-fitting mask for your entire treatment.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car. When you arrive, please text me at (707) 431-1844 to let me know you’re waiting. I’ll text you to let you know when you can enter the building.
- When you enter the building, I’ll be waiting for you at the top of the stairs. You’ll need to wash your hands with soap before receiving your treatment.
- I’ll be taking your temperature with a touch-free forehead thermometer before you enter my office.
- If you need to touch your face or adjust your mask during your appointment, I will provide hand sanitizer for you to use afterwards.
Keep these tips in mind if you’ve been sick recently:
- At least three full days need to pass with no fever (without the use of fever-reducing medications) and no acute respiratory illness symptoms; AND
- At least 14 days need to have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please wait at least 90 days before receiving a massage, due to the increased risk of blood clotting disorders (even with asymptomatic infections).
Office Cleaning and Safety Policies
- I wash my hands thoroughly before and after every treatment.
- I wear both an N95 mask and a cloth mask at all times to minimize aerosol particulates in the room.
- All of the linens that are touched and used in a massage session are removed and laundered after every client.
- All of the equipment and tools that are used in a session are cleaned after every use.
- Every surface that clients touch is cleaned and disinfected after every session.
- There are four HEPA filters in the room: two medical grade HEPA filters and two regular HEPA filters. The filters are constantly running. There is also a small fan that blows air away from the massage table and towards a HEPA filter on the side of the room. In between clients, the filters are set to high speed to completely remove aerosol particulates in the space of just a few minutes.
- There is a space of 30 minutes in between clients to allow time for the air of the room to be cleaned and filtered.
- Air filters are changed regularly.
- All intake forms and payment processes are touch-free.
If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, please give me at least 24 hours notice. Forty-eight hours is better. That gives me time to try to fill your appointment space with another client who has been waiting for an opening in my schedule. Emergencies and illnesses are perfectly good reasons for cancelling at the last minute, and I completely understand if unforeseen circumstances prevent your making it to an appointment. However, repeated last-minute cancellations as well as no-shows will be charged the full price of our session. Thank you so much for your understanding.