I teach HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method classes to North Bay Area residents from Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Healdsburg, Calistoga, Cobb, Mendocino, and even Fort Bragg. The HypnoBirthing® classes include everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth. You will learn relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labor and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm, and comfort. We meet on Thursdays from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm for 5 classes.
Upcoming class schedule for 2017:
- 7/13/17 – 7/27/17, 8/17/17-8/24/17, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
- 9/7/17-10/5/17, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
- 10/19/17 – 11/16/17, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Here are some of the topics we cover in class:
- How the mind and emotions affect the body
- Why labor hurts and why it doesn’t have to
- Releasing fear – the enemy of labor
- Preparing your mind and body for birth
- How to achieve a natural onset of labor, free of drugs or intervention
- Proper nutrition for pregnancy
- Techniques and visualizations for optimal fetal position that prevent back labor
- Instruction in calm breathing, which helps you deeply relax during birth, making birth shorter and more comfortable for you
- Visualizations for labor
- Developing deep relaxation and self-hypnosis for labor and birth
- How to avoid artificial induction and episiotomy
- Understanding the stages of labor
- Breathing your baby down for birth
- The fourth trimester — bonding with your baby
- Breastfeeding tips and techniques
I let up to 4 couples join me in class to keep the class sizes small, so please let me know early if you’re interested in registering for class.
The cost of the class series is $250 and includes the cost of materials (the HypnoBirthing® book, four self-hypnosis recordings for your daily practice, and self-hypnosis scripts and handouts) and instruction for you and your birth companion(s). Also included is an optional complementary hypnotherapy session. Preregistration along with a $75 deposit holds your place in the class.